Followers of the blog will know the great time we have put in restoring our seat belts. From carefully cleaning the original webbing, to faithfully reproducing labels, and even scouring rural junkyards for parts, it is fair to say that there is a lot of time into the project. For those of you who missed it here are the links:
Finding Klippan belt covers: http://dino246blog.blogspot.com/2011/03/meanwhile-in-rural-georgia.html
Disassembling the belts: http://dino246blog.blogspot.com/2013/01/buckle-up-seat-belt-restoration-begins.html
Reproducing fabric labels: http://dino246blog.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-small-victory-klippan-tags-perfectly.html
With all of the remaining parts cleaned, plated, and polished as needed it came time to re-assemble everything. A LOT of time was spent referencing photos before we took the belts apart to be sure of the routing of the webbing. It is a good thing we took those photos as it would have been impossible to get them right without the reference.
In the end we were very pleased with the result and are happy that this little project is behind us.