Monday, July 16, 2012

A most knowledgable man: Meeting Dino expert Matthias Bartz in Germany

In multiple posts I have referred to Matthias from Germany as one of our primary sources for information in restoring our Dino. Last week, while in Germany, I had the chance to meet up with him to discuss Dino's and the wonderful experiences that he had in putting the famed Dino Compendium book together over a period of 2 years.

After this encounter I am quite confident in the belief that Matthias is certainly the worlds foremost authority on the subject of the Dino marque. It was a real pleasure to spend some time with him and for that I am very thankful.

Our meeting did leave me with a moment of pause. The German people are often seen as stern and regimented but, as seen in our second composite image, it appears as though some Italian exuberance has rubbed off on Matthias as his expressive gestures would suggest that it is he rather than I that is of Italian heritage.

These cars really bring out the passion in you.




No comments:

Post a Comment