This weekend we finished off the assembly of the shocks. After having received the original units re-built by Koni USA (see old post) we replaced the springs for new units and with great care were able to put everything together without any scratches.
A few details to note. While it is not clear in the photos the shocks were re-painted the correct shade of orange/red that Koni used in the 1970's. New replacements come in a much more red colour. Also the correct winged KONI decal was applied as new replacements either have the new Koni logo or the decal 'Koni Classic' on them. Neither is correct to original.
First a pic of what we started with.